Throwback Tech Throwdown: 32MB to 96MB in Beantown


 

Remember dial-up, chunky laptops, and the wild west of the internet? Well, in the early 2000s, I treated myself to a brand new iBook at the legendary Computertown in Boston, MA. But the base model came with a measly 32MB of RAM, barely enough to run Solitaire!

Determined to multitask like a champ (a.k.a. open more than two browser windows at once!), I ventured into the RAM upgrade jungle. The sticker shock? Upgrading to 96MB cost a whopping $250! That's like dropping $400 today for a memory boost.

Sure, it sounds crazy now, but back then, RAM was like digital gold. ✨ And let me tell you, that extra 64MB was like a rocket booster for my iBook. I could finally run Photoshop without lagging, write essays without tears, and even (gasp!) play the original Sims without sacrificing my sanity.

This little tech throwback got me thinking: how far we've come! From those hefty price tags to the insane storage capacities we have today, the evolution of technology is truly mind-blowing. What are some of your early tech memories that make you laugh (or cry) now? Share them in the comments below!

#computertown #boston #ibook #early2000stech #ramupgrade #throwbackthursday #techevolution #memories #apple #g3 #clamshell #blueberry

Kommentare